Study session Socialise
by connect | Jul 21, 2021
Study session Socialise
The Study Session “Soci@lise” is an educational activity organised by Youth Express Network and Connect International in cooperation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe. With this study session, we want to bring 2 worlds, 2 networks and 2 approaches together and find a common ground for policy recommendations in regards to youth rights, social rights, digital rights in the digital era.
The aim of this study session is to open a discussion on how Human Rights, Social Rights and Youth Rights in the digital era have been affected and transformed during the pandemic.
The objectives of this study session are to:
- Explore whether Human Rights, social rights and youth rights are being infringed or enhanced in the digital era during the pandemic;
- Discuss the risks and weaknesses of digitalization in terms of equality, access and inclusion (in the perspective of disadvantaged groups);
- Create policy recommendations introducing digital rights of young people as important aspect of the YR guarantee
- Advocate for introduction of digital component in recommendations related to social rights of young people
This Study session is designed for 20 participants experienced or acquainted with at least one of the following areas:
- Digital education / digitalisation
- Youth / social work (ground experience)
- Rights-based work (Youth Rights / Social Rights/ Human Rights)
- Policy-making / Policy-practicing / Policy-reflecting
Participants can be 18-30 years old (we can accept 25% over 30 years old if justified).
Deadline for applying:
CONNECT International is a Brussels based international network of organizations formed with a mission to create innovative European projects ensuring mainstreaming of digital rights and digital agenda with young people and other active citizens.
Within its innovative European projects and activities, CONNECT bring together individuals and organizations focused on 4 pillars of work with young people:
Citizenship – working on strengthening of digital democracy, citizens participation, decision making, freedom of assembly;
Rights – educating and fighting for the protection of human rights of internet users and equal application of HR charter in the digital world;
Access – supporting free and open access to the internet, education resources, improving digital literacy, skills, bridging the digital divide, etc;
Progress – introducing innovative practices and ICT development.
Organizations gathered within CONNECT believes that partnerships and networks are an important driver of change and that young people are key to this. The network is run by a young but experienced team, and it gathers members working together in the above-mentioned fields. Based on their point of interest, all organizations are assigned and responsible for implementation of activities in their area of expertise. Even though this is the newly registered organization it has existed as an informal network for already several years with gathered experience and human resources.
Following costs are covered by the organizator: